Box Seats Baseball

OOTP X league for the best and brightest of baseball fans!


    Sim length.

    Share

    Poll

    Sims?

    [ 8 ]
    67% [67%] 
    [ 1 ]
    8% [8%] 
    [ 3 ]
    25% [25%] 

    Total Votes: 12
    avatar
    BSB Owner
    Admin

    Posts : 129
    Swings : 208
    Join date : 2009-10-11

    Sim length.

    Post  BSB Owner on Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:49 pm

    Sims three times a week, remember.
    avatar
    Afino

    Posts : 84
    Swings : 91
    Join date : 2009-10-11
    Age : 33
    Location : Rochester NY

    Re: Sim length.

    Post  Afino on Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:51 pm

    10 day sims. That's three a month, one in-game month per real life week Smile
    avatar
    BSB Owner
    Admin

    Posts : 129
    Swings : 208
    Join date : 2009-10-11

    Re: Sim length.

    Post  BSB Owner on Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:52 pm

    Afino wrote:10 day sims. That's three a month, one in-game month per real life week Smile

    Damn.. that's makes a lot of sense. scratch Very Happy

    ApexGM

    Posts : 72
    Swings : 78
    Join date : 2009-10-12

    Re: Sim length.

    Post  ApexGM on Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:54 pm

    7 days
    Gotta be able to fully utilize 7 day lineups
    avatar
    Afino

    Posts : 84
    Swings : 91
    Join date : 2009-10-11
    Age : 33
    Location : Rochester NY

    Re: Sim length.

    Post  Afino on Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:55 pm

    ApexGM wrote:7 days
    Gotta be able to fully utilize 7 day lineups

    7 day lineups are overrated.

    paulpharmd

    Posts : 14
    Swings : 15
    Join date : 2009-10-14

    Re: Sim length.

    Post  paulpharmd on Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:14 am

    I like 7 day sims to match up with the 7 day lineups myself. If you have a short injury the 7 day lineups are a must.

    ShoelessJoe

    Posts : 114
    Swings : 142
    Join date : 2009-10-11
    Age : 37
    Location : Arizona

    Re: Sim length.

    Post  ShoelessJoe on Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:16 am

    paulpharmd wrote:I like 7 day sims to match up with the 7 day lineups myself. If you have a short injury the 7 day lineups are a must.

    Ditto.

    7 day sims for me.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Sim length.

    Post  Guest on Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:57 pm

    7 days. I need 7 day lineups myself.

    Seabass

    Posts : 20
    Swings : 28
    Join date : 2009-10-14

    Re: Sim length.

    Post  Seabass on Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:30 pm

    10 days...
    avatar
    Afino

    Posts : 84
    Swings : 91
    Join date : 2009-10-11
    Age : 33
    Location : Rochester NY

    Re: Sim length.

    Post  Afino on Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:03 pm

    If we do 7 days, then we should sim 4 times a week or have a shorter schedule.

    Otherwise seasons DRAG on.

    ShoelessJoe

    Posts : 114
    Swings : 142
    Join date : 2009-10-11
    Age : 37
    Location : Arizona

    Re: Sim length.

    Post  ShoelessJoe on Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:06 pm

    Let's just do one sim. Sim the entire season in one click of the mouse button!

    FOOL has the longest waiting list out there!

    lol!
    avatar
    Afino

    Posts : 84
    Swings : 91
    Join date : 2009-10-11
    Age : 33
    Location : Rochester NY

    Re: Sim length.

    Post  Afino on Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:08 pm

    ShoelessJoe wrote:Let's just do one sim. Sim the entire season in one click of the mouse button!

    FOOL has the longest waiting list out there!

    lol!

    I'd rather sim one day at a time than do it the FOOL way. No offense to them, but it's not for me.

    ShoelessJoe

    Posts : 114
    Swings : 142
    Join date : 2009-10-11
    Age : 37
    Location : Arizona

    Re: Sim length.

    Post  ShoelessJoe on Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:12 pm

    Afino wrote:
    ShoelessJoe wrote:Let's just do one sim. Sim the entire season in one click of the mouse button!

    FOOL has the longest waiting list out there!

    lol!

    I'd rather sim one day at a time than do it the FOOL way. No offense to them, but it's not for me.

    Yeah, I was kidding anyhow.

    I am not in those leagues.

    Just trying to lighten the mood in here.

    It looks like we all have a different idea of how the SIMs should be run.
    avatar
    Voodoo

    Posts : 30
    Swings : 38
    Join date : 2009-10-14

    Re: Sim length.

    Post  Voodoo on Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:25 pm

    Baseball isn't meant to be hurried. It's the journey, not the destination. Insert further cliches...
    avatar
    scottdogg73

    Posts : 31
    Swings : 41
    Join date : 2009-10-11

    Re: Sim length.

    Post  scottdogg73 on Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:36 pm

    I'd also like to see us sim about a month (or six weeks)every week. In the PCBL we do 3 7-day sims each week and do about 3 seasons in a year. Here I'd like to pick that pace up to about 5 seasons in a year.
    avatar
    Afino

    Posts : 84
    Swings : 91
    Join date : 2009-10-11
    Age : 33
    Location : Rochester NY

    Re: Sim length.

    Post  Afino on Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:42 pm

    I think even that is too slow. The GUBA does between 5 and 6 a year and I think THAT goes a little too slow.
    avatar
    BSB Owner
    Admin

    Posts : 129
    Swings : 208
    Join date : 2009-10-11

    Re: Sim length.

    Post  BSB Owner on Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:43 pm

    6 votes remain here.

    Where are my GM's?

    Shocked
    avatar
    madkat22123

    Posts : 9
    Swings : 10
    Join date : 2009-10-13
    Age : 43
    Location : Beaumont, TX

    Re: Sim length.

    Post  madkat22123 on Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:00 am

    I already voted.....7 day sims for me

    ShoelessJoe

    Posts : 114
    Swings : 142
    Join date : 2009-10-11
    Age : 37
    Location : Arizona

    Re: Sim length.

    Post  ShoelessJoe on Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:03 am

    Voodoo wrote:Baseball isn't meant to be hurried. It's the journey, not the destination. Insert further cliches...

    Dude, thank you!

    Baseball is a game that is not meant to be rushed through. I could not have said it any better.

    Two big thumbs WAY up for that post. Honestly, guys, this is a baseball season. 120 games and 10 day sims is a bad combination.

    Enjoy the season and take it for what it is worth. We shouldn't be in a hurry to generate a league history. It will happen and will be that much better for us being a part of it.

    If you want a fast paced league, join FOOL.

    If you want to enjoy pure baseball, play a real schedule.
    avatar
    WichitaGM

    Posts : 33
    Swings : 34
    Join date : 2009-10-17
    Age : 37
    Location : Brooklyn, NY

    Re: Sim length.

    Post  WichitaGM on Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:34 pm

    ShoelessJoe wrote:
    Voodoo wrote:Baseball isn't meant to be hurried. It's the journey, not the destination. Insert further cliches...

    Dude, thank you!

    Baseball is a game that is not meant to be rushed through. I could not have said it any better.

    Two big thumbs WAY up for that post. Honestly, guys, this is a baseball season. 120 games and 10 day sims is a bad combination.

    Enjoy the season and take it for what it is worth. We shouldn't be in a hurry to generate a league history. It will happen and will be that much better for us being a part of it.

    If you want a fast paced league, join FOOL.

    If you want to enjoy pure baseball, play a real schedule.

    great points guys. I'd vote for the 7-day sims, 4 days per week. then we have the month/per week thing down, and everyone's happy.
    avatar
    Afino

    Posts : 84
    Swings : 91
    Join date : 2009-10-11
    Age : 33
    Location : Rochester NY

    Re: Sim length.

    Post  Afino on Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:41 pm

    Yeah, I don't have a problem with 7 days if we're simming 4 times a week.

    But that's up to the Commish.
    avatar
    scottdogg73

    Posts : 31
    Swings : 41
    Join date : 2009-10-11

    Re: Sim length.

    Post  scottdogg73 on Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:12 pm

    Afino wrote:Yeah, I don't have a problem with 7 days if we're simming 4 times a week.

    But that's up to the Commish.

    What he said.
    avatar
    BSB Owner
    Admin

    Posts : 129
    Swings : 208
    Join date : 2009-10-11

    Re: Sim length.

    Post  BSB Owner on Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:15 pm

    7-days wins because mathematically the other options, even if they got all remaining votes, would still have less then 7-days.

    Cool

    Sponsored content

    Re: Sim length.

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:31 pm