Box Seats Baseball

OOTP X league for the best and brightest of baseball fans!

Fictional Test

ApexGM

Swings : 78

Fictional Test

Post  ApexGM on Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:59 am

Guys ifyou are reading this bare with me just doign some random blottings from another ficitonal test I am doign for this league....

ApexGM

Re: Fictional Test

Post  ApexGM on Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:07 am

ok so just looking at the inaug draft and the rookie draft.

Outside of the few guys drafted initially there isn't a whole lot of tallent in the minors.
    AAA guys: hitters almost all guys are 5 contact hitters with a couple 4's nothing higher on avg.
    Pitching mst guys are the 4-5-4 , 3-8-6 and the usual 2 spects per minors.

AA: Pitching abismal, most teams have 24-32yo bums here. same with hitting, no spects.

A: only real tallent from the 1st year player draft which I ran after inaug as well.

Obviously this varies but not a whole lot form here to there. Seems the usual, some teams with better minors are poorer in pros etc. Some studs tho league qide fromt he inaug roster creation.

Running the 5 years out to see what we have from there. Then to release and see how it all shakes out...

ApexGM

Post  ApexGM on Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:15 am

CRAP Completely forgot to add up the amount of 6+ contact hitters (current) in the league before the season run to get a feel for tallent.

ApexGM

Post  ApexGM on Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:38 am

Ran 5 seasons Released all into free agency.

After 5 seasons there is roughly 155 players with contact 6+
    Of those 144 are between 18 and 33. Thats 9 per team. Not bad

Further Widdling down: 56 players between 18-33 7+ contact. (4 with 9 10 wiht Cool.
    Thats 3.5 per team of 7+

FOUND A THING ON THE LEAGUE SETUP (WAY ON THE BOTTOM) WHERE YOU CAN ERASE ALL HISTORIES, STATS LEADERS ETC.

It looks like as long as this is done after Jan 1st then all will be erased.

ApexGM

Post  ApexGM on Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:24 am

After doing another inaug draft, and rookie draft I looked a bit at the teams.

It seems the teams as a whole are a bit more stocked with tallent then bfore. Once again not verifiable #'s but just that general look.

BUT I did look more atthe minors the 1st time. While There def is a slight upgrade of the prospects in the minors the one thing that is gone is the level and ahalf of the 25-35 scrubs that were all there after season 1 inaug draft.

The minor leagues now look more like minor leagues. Mostly 17-24 year olds with the straggler upper 29 guys here and there in the AAA levels.

What does it all mean? Eh who knows. I think we all know there would be more tallent after 5 years. It was kinda interesting to see alot of the crap guys have retired and as usual this looks like more of a league that has been around a bit.

The main things to take from this:
    1. We CAN in fact erase all of the history and records etc afetr runing a few years.
    2. Simming a few years more makes the league established and lets us hit the ground running. What we need to do now is decide if we want it that way or not.
    scottdogg73

Swings : 41

Post  scottdogg73 on Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:21 pm

Just thinking out loud, I guess but what if when we created the league file we created multiple minor leagues. That is give each team an extra AA or A team. Then we take the better players from the extra teams, dump the bums and delete the extra teams. Might give us a little more depth in the minors to start out with.

ShoelessJoe

Swings : 142

Post  ShoelessJoe on Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:19 pm

I just created a tester league as well. 16 teams, 3 layers of minor leagues.

I see plenty of talent guys in the minors. Doesn't look like anything out of the ordinary.

I guess the question I should ask is what type of talent levels are we aiming for?

I do not find leagues where a player has to be 8s across the board to be very fun or interesting.

Keep in mind that on a 1-10 scale, 5 is average. A player with 5 contact is not necessarily a scrub. Sure if 5 is his highest rating he probably won't be much but just keep in mind that 5 is the average benchmark.

I am going to SIM 5 years and see what the history looks like.

ShoelessJoe

Swings : 142

Post  ShoelessJoe on Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:51 pm

Ok, I just simmed 3 years worth of history and wiped the slate clean.

Interesting because I tried it a few times before starting up my own league a few months back and had no success.

We kept getting stuck with Champions in the record book.

ApexGM

Post  ApexGM on Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:46 pm

I 100% agree that I do not want a super star league. I saw a league recruiting and every team had 2 pitchers who were 999 or 10-10-9 and man thats just not fun.

The guys with the 5 tallents in the initial file were all the overaged bums who were hanging on. The 29-34 yo's in the minors who really have 0 shot to play in the pro's.
    (Man Iam 34 I just called myself an overaged bum. But then again if I was in AA with no prospect of going pro I might need to hang it up too).

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:43 am