Box Seats Baseball

OOTP X league for the best and brightest of baseball fans!

League Constitution

Afino

Swings : 91

League Constitution

Post  Afino on Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:29 pm

To be written up.....

I have gotten the OK from the Commish to start drafting up the bases of the league constitution. Obviously there's a lot of things that need voting on and clearing up, but there's some things that I can get started on immediately!

This post will be updated at various times in the next few days as I work on it!

--------------------------------------------

Introduction

Welcome to Box Seats Baseball! BSB is a fictional baseball universe using Out Of The Park Baseball, version 10. This document will outline the rules and regulations governing the BSB.

Commissioner Duties and Responsibilities
    1. Has the ultimate and final say on all matters.
    2. Is responsible for resolving any and all disputes among owners in a fair, objective, and unbiased fashion.
    3. Timely updates and maintains all facets of the league website, including this Constitution.
    i. The Constitution will be reviewed on a continued basis as issues arise.
    ii. Updates to this Constitution will occur as necessary and by a league-wide vote of owners. The number of votes to pass is normally a simple majority, or in some cases, a two-thirds vote. In the event of a tie vote, the Commissioner will place the deciding vote.
    4. Is expected to maintain a high level of league and forum activity. As the head of the league, the Commissioner should be visible and accessible if an issue arises. If the commissioner is unavailable for a period of time, a Vice Commissioner may be appointed to run scheduled sims and resolve disputes in the Commissioner’s absence.
    5. Runs sims as scheduled, or promptly communicates to the league otherwise, preferably with prior notice.
    6. Only runs a scheduled sim once (no re-simming to provide a “better” result for the Commissioner’s team or another team). See “Cheating” for more information.
    7. Is barred from adjusting ANY ratings and stats unless formally agreed upon by the league’s owners (see “Cheating”). This includes batting, pitching, personality, and injury information for the benefit of the Commissioner or another team.
    8. Accepts and removes owners from the BSB as necessary. Removal of owners can be justified for breaking ANY guideline in this Constitution, but will rarely be the first step taken, unless blatant cheating or disregard for this Constitution is shown.
    9. Is responsible for fairly and objectively metering discipline on owners who violate this Constitution. Discipline for specific offenses may be covered in individual sections below, but general punishments include, but are not limited to:
    i. Loss of players.
    ii. Loss of cash on hand (fines).
    iii. Loss of draft picks.
    iv. Owner probation for one or more seasons.
    v. Loss of owner privileges for one or more seasons, or in extreme cases, banishment from the BSB.

Owner Duties and Responsibilities

1. Participation
    No league, including the BSB, will survive without active participation by its owners. If you currently have a team in the BSB, please follow these guidelines!
    i. BSB owners should import or download the latest file from the server after every sim and send in their export using the “Export via FTP” function in-game. Even if an owner does not have any changes, it is recommended to do this to be sure they are still active and checking their team.
    ii. If an owner is unable to export because of computer issues, personal issues, or any other reasonable cause, prior notice should be given where possible to the Commissioner by posting in the Owner Availability forum.
    a. Start a new thread in the OA forum.
    b. Subject: Something similar to “(Team name) away for (calendar date) sim”
    c. If applicable, reasons in the body of the post.
    iii. Responding to all personal messages, especially from the Commissioner and from other members regarding trades. Prompt (within 24 hours unless away) reply in trade talks is mandatory in the BSB.
    iv. We realize that not every member in the league may not be the most talkative individual, so a required number of forum posts will not be necessary. However, active posting is highly encouraged where possible to keep abreast with the BSB’s happenings and to foster a community of owners.
    v. Some votes, especially rules votes, are required for all current BSB owners. Participation in these (or where otherwise instructed) is mandatory. Missed votes can put an owner on probation or worse!
    vi. Owners who plan on being away or who have gone AWOL for at least one-third of the current season or the entire offseason will be replaced. Owners who leave on good terms are more likely to be offered another team in the future.
    vii. Please remember, while this is supposed to be fun, ownership in the BSB is a privilege, not a right!
    2. Treatment of fellow owners
    i. This may be one of the most important rules in this Constitution: Don’t be a dick. This isn’t to say the BSB is a league of stiffs, because this is supposed to be a FUN league. We play OOTP to get away from real life for a bit. While playful ribbing, trash talking and poking fun at other owners is allowed (and possibly even encouraged!), there are some lines that shouldn’t be crossed. This is your warning - don’t cross them. Treat your fellow owners with respect, and they will return the favor, that is really all we ask here. Severe instances of disrespect to fellow owners will NOT be tolerated, and you may lose your BSB ownership privileges if it is serious enough.
    ii. As mentioned above in 1(iii), responding to trade messages is common courtesy to your fellow owners. Please respond promptly, even if it is just to reply that you are not interested, as it shows you are still actively checking the forums and your team!
    3. Have FUN! This is fake baseball. Don’t take life too seriously, or you’ll never get out alive.

League Setup

Playoffs

Drafting

Trading

Financial System

Free Agency

Contracts

Cheating and Exploitation
    1. It should go without saying that the BSB does not tolerate cheating of any kind. However, cheating is a very broad term, and we will attempt to draw the line between cheating and exploitation here.
    2. Cheating is the blatant negligence of this Constitution with the intended result of getting around the rules for your own gain. This includes, but is not limited to:
    i. Not following guidelines on player contracts
    ii. Simmers adjusting player ratings for their or another owner’s benefit
    iii. Simmers “re-simming” to get more desirable results.
    3. Punishments for cheating include:
    i. Loss of players.
    ii. Loss of cash on hand (fines).
    iii. Loss of draft picks.
    iv. Owner probation for one or more seasons.
    v. Loss of GM privileges for one or more seasons, or in extreme cases, banishment from the BSB.
    4. Exploitation is using the limitations of the OOTP software to one’s advantage within the confines of the Constitution. This is not “cheating”, nor will it be punished as such. However, if issues arise where preventable widespread exploitation is discovered, amendments to this Constitution may be drafted to prevent said exploitation as much as possible. Let’s face it though, while OOTP is a fantastic game, it is also an imperfect game. Everyone looks for that winning “edge” within the rules, but in the best interests of the BSB and its teams, measures may have to be put in place where possible.

This Constitution will ALWAYS be incomplete. Where a rule does not apply, owners are expected to use their best judgment in determining their course of action. Please keep that in mind!

Last edited by Afino on Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
    BSB Owner
    Admin

Swings : 208

Re: League Constitution

Post  BSB Owner on Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:31 pm

A Commish-note: I'll be involved, obviously, and so will you.

Affy is just my man with a plan to help me out. Very Happy

ApexGM

Swings : 78

Post  ApexGM on Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:03 am

Way to ko Alfie!
    Afino

Post  Afino on Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:06 am

BSB Owner wrote:A Commish-note: I'll be involved, obviously, and so will you.

Affy is just my man with a plan to help me out. Very Happy

Yeah - I figured with all you're doing, this is something I could help out with.

....not to mention I need to keep busy at work! Basketball
    Afino

Post  Afino on Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:09 pm

First couple of sections put in there!

Commish, feel free to edit where necessary if I forgot anything Smile

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:47 pm