Box Seats Baseball

OOTP X league for the best and brightest of baseball fans!

Patch #4 Issue

Patch #4 Issue

Post  Guest on Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:39 pm

This will probably end up being a non-issue as I don't see us being up and running by then but I do run on OS X so patch #4 has not been released to me yet. Not sure if anyone else is running on OS X or Linux.
    BSB Owner
    Admin

Swings : 208

Re: Patch #4 Issue

Post  BSB Owner on Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:54 pm

I used to run on a Mac and I never had a patch difference problem.

If it ends up being a huge issue we can always work around it. It won't affect the drafts anyway.
    Afino

Swings : 91

Post  Afino on Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:08 am

Well there certainly is a patch difference now. I upgraded, the league is still on the old one and my exports aren't working.
    WichitaGM

Swings : 34

Post  WichitaGM on Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:17 pm

I also run on OS X, and my other league hasn't updated yet... so I'm just in wait-and-see mode. But I don't anticipate any problems.
    WichitaGM

Post  WichitaGM on Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:30 pm

WichitaGM wrote:I also run on OS X, and my other league hasn't updated yet... so I'm just in wait-and-see mode. But I don't anticipate any problems.

Still waiting on that Mac patch, and my other league has gone on indefinite hiatus in anticipation...
    Voodoo

Swings : 38

Post  Voodoo on Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:35 pm

WichitaGM wrote:
    WichitaGM wrote:I also run on OS X, and my other league hasn't updated yet... so I'm just in wait-and-see mode. But I don't anticipate any problems.

Still waiting on that Mac patch, and my other league has gone on indefinite hiatus in anticipation...

I asked this on another board and didn't really get an answer- what makes this patch so important that leagues can't wait to see how it shakes out? Or in your case stop playing until it comes out?

ApexGM

Swings : 78

Post  ApexGM on Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:02 am

I think its the fact that there is another patch coming out soon. And that there still isn't a Mac patch out (unless it came out today).

The real thing is these patches are like dominos. Guys tend to be in multiple leagues. Once one league patches then guys start to patch and then their other leagues kinda need to follow suit. Some leagues like to wait to see if there is no issues with the patch.

The patch fixed a bunch of things in game. Alot are minor play by play things and others are good ones like arbi fixes to real big problems.

Hope that helps a bit.
    Afino

Post  Afino on Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:19 am

Personally I think we need to wait to start the league until they can get a "final" patch out for both Mac and PC.

ApexGM

Post  ApexGM on Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:23 am

ETA?
    WichitaGM

Post  WichitaGM on Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:00 pm

ApexGM wrote:I think its the fact that there is another patch coming out soon. And that there still isn't a Mac patch out (unless it came out today).

The real thing is these patches are like dominos. Guys tend to be in multiple leagues. Once one league patches then guys start to patch and then their other leagues kinda need to follow suit. Some leagues like to wait to see if there is no issues with the patch.

The patch fixed a bunch of things in game. Alot are minor play by play things and others are good ones like arbi fixes to real big problems.

Hope that helps a bit.

the patch issue is a little more serious than that. if a commish has GMs who have different versions of the game, he will not be able to import everyone's exports, and the league file cannot be created. the way the software is constructed, EVERYONE in a league MUST be using the same version of the game.
    Voodoo

Post  Voodoo on Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:24 pm

WichitaGM wrote:
    ApexGM wrote:I think its the fact that there is another patch coming out soon. And that there still isn't a Mac patch out (unless it came out today).

Hope that helps a bit.

the patch issue is a little more serious than that. if a commish has GMs who have different versions of the game, he will not be able to import everyone's exports, and the league file cannot be created. the way the software is constructed, EVERYONE in a league MUST be using the same version of the game.

Yeah, that's why I don't understand league commisioners wanting to be early adopters. I looked at the feature list and didn't see anything particularly pressing- like first week pressing. Or like before all versions are released pressing.
    Afino

Post  Afino on Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:30 pm

There are two options.

Start the league on 10.2.16 or wait until everything is resolved.
    Voodoo

Post  Voodoo on Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:03 pm

And now there is another patch scheduled for the end of the week.
    scottdogg73

Swings : 41

Post  scottdogg73 on Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:04 pm

I don't think we need to worry about this right now. By the time we have a league file and a need to import and export the new patch should be out (hopefully).
    How many mac/osx users do we have in the league?
    WichitaGM

Post  WichitaGM on Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:40 pm

I'm a mac user.

Post  Guest on Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:10 pm

I'm also a Mac user.

ShoelessJoe

Swings : 142

Post  ShoelessJoe on Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:56 pm

i am already patched for a two other leagues fwiw
    WichitaGM

Post  WichitaGM on Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:04 pm

so, my other league has vowed to restart on Monday, with or without the patch. Those that have patched will be required to submit lineups via the forums, and the commish will enter them manually.

Just as an update of what another league is doing.

ApexGM

Post  ApexGM on Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:24 pm

If the league file comes out and he gets it out for .29 and then also gets reports out the draft will likely be a couple of days after that. Also we can start the drfat on message board as well to get things moving slower if the file is not out.

There is no reason to slow Rich's work down for the patch. Let's get it all ready and if we need to delay a GO date for a day or two thats fine. There will be days off in this process anyway, I say get it all going now and see how the patch shakes out in the meantime

Dan
    Voodoo

Post  Voodoo on Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:28 pm

ApexGM wrote:If the league file comes out and he gets it out for .29 and then also gets reports out the draft will likely be a couple of days after that. Also we can start the drfat on message board as well to get things moving slower if the file is not out.

There is no reason to slow Rich's work down for the patch. Let's get it all ready and if we need to delay a GO date for a day or two thats fine. There will be days off in this process anyway, I say get it all going now and see how the patch shakes out in the meantime

Dan

Agree.

ShoelessJoe

Swings : 142

Post  ShoelessJoe on Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:11 pm

ApexGM wrote:Also we can start the drfat on message board as well to get things moving slower if the file is not out.

How would we start the draft without the file being out and ready?

We'd have to have the league file to scout the draft pool and know who to select. Wink

ApexGM

Post  ApexGM on Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:41 pm

Thats why I said reports. For the most part the 1st few should be kinda easy with a pool.

Just get a working reports and file and we can go from there with seeing what is up with it all from there.
    WichitaGM

Post  WichitaGM on Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:58 pm

sounds good. yeah, i say full speed ahead.
    BSB Owner
    Admin

Swings : 208

Post  BSB Owner on Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:59 pm

The question remains.. do I make the league file and upload it using the new patch now, or do I wait to make sure the patch will be uniform throughout before doing it?

I don't want to have to restart after the draft. Embarassed
    Afino

Post  Afino on Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:08 pm

I don't think creating the league itself will be any different from 10.2.16 to whatever the new patch is.

And via the OOTP Boards, the patch should be out tomorrow.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:36 am