Box Seats Baseball

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Box Seats Baseball

OOTP X league for the best and brightest of baseball fans!

4 posters

Suggestions for the board, website, etc.

BSB Owner
    BSB Owner
    Admin

Swings : 208

Suggestions for the board, website, etc. Empty Suggestions for the board, website, etc.

Post  BSB Owner Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:47 pm

I plan on making a logo, making some cool graphics, and making a decent website. However, it's been a long time since I've muddled in such things. If you have any suggestions on what would be cool, let me know. I do plan on doing something with video, me announcing news or parts of important games, who knows. We shall see!

bounce
    scottdogg73
    scottdogg73

Swings : 41

Suggestions for the board, website, etc. Empty Re: Suggestions for the board, website, etc.

Post  scottdogg73 Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:07 pm

BSB Owner wrote:I plan on making a logo, making some cool graphics, and making a decent website. However, it's been a long time since I've muddled in such things. If you have any suggestions on what would be cool, let me know. I do plan on doing something with video, me announcing news or parts of important games, who knows. We shall see!

bounce

That would be very cool. I've thought a little bit in the past about doing a podcast for an ootp league, sort of a This Week in Baseball type look around the league.
    BSB Owner
    BSB Owner
    Admin

Suggestions for the board, website, etc. Empty Re: Suggestions for the board, website, etc.

Post  BSB Owner Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:14 pm

Yeah and eventually we could even do interviews with GM's or whatnot. We'll start simple though.

Get the basics down and then build on that. Very Happy

Post  Guest Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:04 pm

Just a question actually...

What the heck are swings that are listed on the right under posts?
    BSB Owner
    BSB Owner
    Admin

Post  BSB Owner Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:10 am

Good question about swings! Swings are a point system. We also have a rep system. Swings come the more often you post, which is a reward. At the end of each season I am planning on having some sort of reward for swing leaders. I'm not sure what yet, but we shall see! More swings are rewarded for team news and whatnot.

Also, reputation is the small up and down arrows on the top-right of a post. If you like a post, rep up will turn green, if you have an issue, rep down will turn red. Reputation is just a way for people to know what the reputation of a GM is. It COULD be problematic, but I am hoping it's not.

P.S. I am thinking of rewards adding up to thinks like some extra cash, etc., etc.

You guys let ME know what good prizes would be!
    ShoelessJoe

Swings : 142

Post  ShoelessJoe Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:17 am

BSB Owner wrote:Good question about swings! Swings are a point system. We also have a rep system. Swings come the more often you post, which is a reward. At the end of each season I am planning on having some sort of reward for swing leaders. I'm not sure what yet, but we shall see! More swings are rewarded for team news and whatnot.

Also, reputation is the small up and down arrows on the top-right of a post. If you like a post, rep up will turn green, if you have an issue, rep down will turn red. Reputation is just a way for people to know what the reputation of a GM is. It COULD be problematic, but I am hoping it's not.

P.S. I am thinking of rewards adding up to thinks like some extra cash, etc., etc.

You guys let ME know what good prizes would be!

LOL

I accidently clicked on the negative arrow or whatever apparently on Afino / Matts sign-up post.

Good to know what the system is for though.

No offense meant, Matt. I didn't even know that I had clicked it until too late, let alone know what it was I had actually clicked on.

Whoops! albino
    ApexGM

Swings : 78

Post  ApexGM Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:50 am

The swings thing sounds cool, could be a good idea and well recieved i think.

I don't know if rep thing will go over well in a league like this. In a general forum it works well to police the Trolls. However, in a league like this I tihnk it could foster bad feelings. I would be upset if someone for whatever reason hit me with a -1.
    Good idea in theory but I think it might not go well in here.

As for podcasts, it's kinda alot of fun for the league. The other leaue I am in WBH http://worldbaseballhierarchy.com/wbh/
    we did a podcast for a while. It was semi regular then one of the guys got real busy and we had to stop. If you listen to a few podcasts in (after the 1st and before the last lol) we kinda get into a good groove. The league is real big (88 teams) so we tried to cover a ton of teams to make everyone feel included but it was a fun thing to do and to listen to and the league loved it.

I could help out or possibly be a guest/co-host once we get things up and running, just a great idea!

Dan

Post  Guest Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:56 pm

Updated board looks nice!
    BSB Owner
    BSB Owner
    Admin

Post  BSB Owner Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:58 pm

I noticed that the board will sometimes go inactive at the wee hours of the night. I believe it's so Forumotion can maintain the board and keep it running well during the more commonly active hours. No worries there though, don't think it'll ever be down during the day.

As far as the reputation system guys, I can easily remove it. Not a big deal. I like mah Swings though. Just need to figure out fair prizes.

Edit: Sweet! Thanks Shane! Messed with it a bit while I couldn't sleep, ha.
    ShoelessJoe

Swings : 142

Post  ShoelessJoe Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:25 pm

Shane wrote:Updated board looks nice!

I agree. While I had started to get used to the first board look, this one is a lot nicer in the fact that everything doesn't seem to run together.

I dig it!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content