Box Seats Baseball

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Box Seats Baseball

OOTP X league for the best and brightest of baseball fans!

+2
ApexGM
BSB Owner
6 posters

It's me! Welcome video.

BSB Owner
    BSB Owner
    Admin

Swings : 208

It's me!  Welcome video. Empty It's me! Welcome video.

Post  BSB Owner Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:32 pm

---

Welcome my face. bounce

Last edited by BSB Owner on Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:42 am; edited 3 times in total
    BSB Owner
    BSB Owner
    Admin

It's me!  Welcome video. Empty Re: It's me! Welcome video.

Post  BSB Owner Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:28 pm

I got word this isn't working very well, so I'll try to fix it after class. Couldn't upload it to YouTube because it's too long, but I'll try some different options.
    BSB Owner
    BSB Owner
    Admin

Post  BSB Owner Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:58 pm

Fixed it! Be afraid!
    ApexGM

Swings : 78

Post  ApexGM Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:04 pm

With respect to contracts this are rules we have in another league that alotof leagues like to use to prevent front or back loading... And also to prevent rediculous incentives

1. Only 1 No Trade Clause contract per team per season.

2. Incentives & Bonuses ~ You may ONLY offer what they ask for. If they don't ask for one, you may not offer them one.

3. A player’s salary must be for the same amount every year of the contract. Example: A three year contract for $9,000,000 must be $3,000,000 per year. Also, you can only offer up to a 5 year contract unless the player asks for more years.

Just some ideas. # 3 is a GREAT rule and thnk we really shoudl think aboutit
    Afino
    Afino

Swings : 91

Post  Afino Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:56 pm

We're going through another "Incentive Gate" in my other league right now.

Ban all incentives unless asked for. If they ask for an incentive, PM the commish, and they will check in-game to make sure they are. Only then you can offer it.
    madkat22123
    madkat22123

Swings : 10

Post  madkat22123 Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:10 pm

I think all trades should be approved, UNLESS it's just absolutely completely OBVIOUS that the person or both people are up to no good. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.......just look at real trades that are made that you're like, WTF!! But you never know how it may really turn out. I also agree with having NO escalating salary....meaning 3 mill per year for 3 years, on a 9 mill contract. Great idea on the youtube thing man.......
    ShoelessJoe

Swings : 142

Post  ShoelessJoe Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:25 pm

Afino wrote:We're going through another "Incentive Gate" in my other league right now.

Ban all incentives unless asked for. If they ask for an incentive, PM the commish, and they will check in-game to make sure they are. Only then you can offer it.

My feelings exactly, and how we do it in my league as well.

BTW Rich, love the videos! Very Happy
    Voodoo
    Voodoo

Swings : 38

Post  Voodoo Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:45 pm

ApexGM wrote:

3. A player’s salary must be for the same amount every year of the contract. Example: A three year contract for $9,000,000 must be $3,000,000 per year. Also, you can only offer up to a 5 year contract unless the player asks for more years.

Let me play devil's advocate. If we have a hard or soft cap there are many legitimate reasons to vary salary. Who's to say I don't want to spend the cash early in the contract? Heck, what if I'm working the contract to keep out of the red?

Having said that, my other league has a rule requiring option years to be between 75% and 125% of the average salary of the contract. It works well.
    BSB Owner
    BSB Owner
    Admin

Post  BSB Owner Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:34 pm

Shoeless wins the 'First person to tell me they like my rant.' award. Crying or Very sad
    ApexGM

Post  ApexGM Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:50 pm

Haha it was great man.

I like being welcomed 5 times Smile

JK you get 10 Kudos just for doing that. Who doesn't love an official Commish anouncement on video!
    BSB Owner
    BSB Owner
    Admin

Post  BSB Owner Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:53 pm

Haha, like I said..

I'm very organized.

Stream of consciousness ftw. Laughing
    ShoelessJoe

Swings : 142

Post  ShoelessJoe Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:28 am

ApexGM wrote:

FWIW can we play this out and give all the GMs the benifit of doubt before we start restraining everyone?

Have a little hope and allow everyone to be in this league on good faith and hope that everyone is here based on the want to have fun and not exploit every rule.

Dan, you keep talking about struggling to keep and recruit GMs... maybe it has something to do with all the extra rules.

Just saying...

If things are abused, sure we put something in place. I do not like being restricted to the point of dollar amounts allowed per year when trying to sign a player.

I know what this rule is meant to address... a GM back loading contracts and then bailing when his team is in finacial trouble.

Presonally, I like to front load my contracts while I have the extra money to spend and let the salaries slide downward as the player ages.

I do not want to see a set dollar amount in this league unless it is abused.
    ApexGM

Post  ApexGM Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:06 am

No the extra rules generally come when a guy abuses the rules. You put them in place right off the bat so there is no way a owner can try and use a loophole to take an unfair advantage wint he league quit and screw the next guy.

Everything I mention that is in a rule form is from learned experience. Why should we learn cruel lessons before we have the knowledge when a better way is out there to begin with.

Would you use a square wheel b/c we haven't seen it to be bad yet? When the other league has found a circle works why should we find the failure of the square before we adopt the circle?

We should adopt good rules from the start.
    BSB Owner
    BSB Owner
    Admin

Post  BSB Owner Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:42 am

Taking this down from pinnage 'cause it's a bit outdated and it's getting cluttered up there. Wink

You can still see my pretty face though.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:42 am