Box Seats Baseball

OOTP X league for the best and brightest of baseball fans!


    LARGE Announcement!

    Share

    ApexGM

    Posts : 72
    Swings : 78
    Join date : 2009-10-12

    Re: LARGE Announcement!

    Post  ApexGM on Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:02 am

    Seabass wrote:We are going to add this league to the ones that ended before it started huh?

    Man you could be right he hasn't even been on the boards since Sat night at 1am

    I hope we are all wrong.
    avatar
    WichitaGM

    Posts : 33
    Swings : 34
    Join date : 2009-10-17
    Age : 37
    Location : Brooklyn, NY

    Re: LARGE Announcement!

    Post  WichitaGM on Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:34 pm

    So what do we do now?

    Does someone have a way of contacting him? It looks to me like maybe he got frustrated and bailed. Does someone want to nominate themselves as interim-commissioner if this doesn't resolve by the end of the week?

    I for one was pretty excited. I'd volunteer to do the work, but don't have server space, and have never commished before.

    ShoelessJoe

    Posts : 114
    Swings : 142
    Join date : 2009-10-11
    Age : 37
    Location : Arizona

    Re: LARGE Announcement!

    Post  ShoelessJoe on Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:48 pm

    WichitaGM wrote:So what do we do now?

    Does someone have a way of contacting him? It looks to me like maybe he got frustrated and bailed. Does someone want to nominate themselves as interim-commissioner if this doesn't resolve by the end of the week?

    I for one was pretty excited. I'd volunteer to do the work, but don't have server space, and have never commished before.

    I currently already run a league so I am not able to make the time to commish a second league.

    I can definitely understand him being upset about what happened when he patched. Still a little shocked he hasn't been back to his own league since then.

    I am still giving him the benefit of doubt though. I am hoping he comes back this weekend or something.

    Additionally I hope everything is ok with him and he is doing well.

    We'll see what happens in the next few days, I guess.
    avatar
    WichitaGM

    Posts : 33
    Swings : 34
    Join date : 2009-10-17
    Age : 37
    Location : Brooklyn, NY

    Re: LARGE Announcement!

    Post  WichitaGM on Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:31 pm

    sent him a "we miss you" email, so we'll see what happens...

    Seabass

    Posts : 20
    Swings : 28
    Join date : 2009-10-14

    Re: LARGE Announcement!

    Post  Seabass on Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:39 pm

    ShoelessJoe wrote:
    WichitaGM wrote:So what do we do now?

    Does someone have a way of contacting him? It looks to me like maybe he got frustrated and bailed. Does someone want to nominate themselves as interim-commissioner if this doesn't resolve by the end of the week?

    I for one was pretty excited. I'd volunteer to do the work, but don't have server space, and have never commished before.

    I currently already run a league so I am not able to make the time to commish a second league.

    I can definitely understand him being upset about what happened when he patched. Still a little shocked he hasn't been back to his own league since then.

    I am still giving him the benefit of doubt though. I am hoping he comes back this weekend or something.

    Additionally I hope everything is ok with him and he is doing well.

    We'll see what happens in the next few days, I guess.

    I do hope he/his family is ok, that is first and foremost, but yeah I was real excited about this league...who knows though...
    avatar
    Voodoo

    Posts : 30
    Swings : 38
    Join date : 2009-10-14

    Re: LARGE Announcement!

    Post  Voodoo on Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:03 pm

    Good luck guys, it's a shame this happened. I think we would have been a good group.
    avatar
    Afino

    Posts : 84
    Swings : 91
    Join date : 2009-10-11
    Age : 33
    Location : Rochester NY

    Re: LARGE Announcement!

    Post  Afino on Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:29 pm

    Yep, peace out. I'm done waiting.
    avatar
    WichitaGM

    Posts : 33
    Swings : 34
    Join date : 2009-10-17
    Age : 37
    Location : Brooklyn, NY

    Re: LARGE Announcement!

    Post  WichitaGM on Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:41 pm

    well, like i said - i am willing to volunteer and start/commish a "new" league with existing teams and settings, if you guys want to do that. I just might need a little help with the technicalities.

    i agree that this league had/has a lot of promise, seems like a good group of guys. anyone with me?

    Seabass

    Posts : 20
    Swings : 28
    Join date : 2009-10-14

    Re: LARGE Announcement!

    Post  Seabass on Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:45 pm

    WichitaGM wrote:well, like i said - i am willing to volunteer and start/commish a "new" league with existing teams and settings, if you guys want to do that. I just might need a little help with the technicalities.

    i agree that this league had/has a lot of promise, seems like a good group of guys. anyone with me?

    I am actually getting my own league going. This was a kick in the pants for that I guess. It's going to be a promotion/relegation league. Look for it on the OOTP boards in a few days...
    avatar
    scottdogg73

    Posts : 31
    Swings : 41
    Join date : 2009-10-11

    Re: LARGE Announcement!

    Post  scottdogg73 on Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:28 pm

    Yeah, we've got a pretty good core of guys here. If either of you do decide to start a new league I'd be glad to be involved. Let me know either here or on the big board.
    avatar
    friarfan

    Posts : 7
    Swings : 10
    Join date : 2009-10-12

    Re: LARGE Announcement!

    Post  friarfan on Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:57 am

    Yeah...guess the "Large Announcement" was we're dead in the water. This is my third startup to flame out so I think I'll look for an established league to hook on to. Good luck to you guys.

    ShoelessJoe

    Posts : 114
    Swings : 142
    Join date : 2009-10-11
    Age : 37
    Location : Arizona

    Re: LARGE Announcement!

    Post  ShoelessJoe on Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:53 pm

    I suppose let me know if one of you guys gets something going.

    I run a league as well and would love to extend an offer out to you guys. Unfortunately, we are currently full.

    Holler at me on AIM sometime. I lurk everyday.
    AIM - ShoelessJ03 (j-zero-three)

    Good luck fellas!
    avatar
    WichitaGM

    Posts : 33
    Swings : 34
    Join date : 2009-10-17
    Age : 37
    Location : Brooklyn, NY

    Re: LARGE Announcement!

    Post  WichitaGM on Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:01 pm

    ShoelessJoe wrote:I suppose let me know if one of you guys gets something going.

    I'll try to work on setting something up this weekend, and then send out an email/post to everyone when I have soemthing to report.
    avatar
    WichitaGM

    Posts : 33
    Swings : 34
    Join date : 2009-10-17
    Age : 37
    Location : Brooklyn, NY

    Re: LARGE Announcement!

    Post  WichitaGM on Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:26 pm

    So, I've put the gears in motion to create the "World Cup of Baseball" - a fictional league based on a blend of MLB, WBC, and the soccer World Cup.

    Website should be up this week sometime, but here's a preview of the league structure:

    America-Pacific League (APL)
    Central America/Caribbean Division
    Cuba
    Mexico
    DR
    PR

    South America Division
    Brazil
    Venezuela
    Argentina
    Colombia

    North America/Pacific Division
    USA
    Canada
    Australia
    New Zealand

    Eurasia-Africa League (EAL)
    Asia Division
    Japan
    China
    Korea
    India

    Africa Division
    Ethiopia
    South Africa
    Nigeria
    Egypt

    Europe Division
    Russia
    UK
    France
    Germany

    Teams will play 162-game regular seasons, and have a playoff structure identical to MLB. So, it's not so much a "World Cup", as a world baseball league played with national teams. Trading will be allowed between teams as normal, which might make things a little interesting. Not sure if there a way to generate players for the inaugural draft from specific countries, but probably what I'll do is just go in and manually alter each player's nationality after the draft (if that's even possible).

    Giving you guys first dibs on teams if you want in... I'm going to take Ethiopia. (I do a lot of work there, and it's always fun to root for the underdog!)

    Good luck all!

    Eric
    holthaus.eric@gmail.com

    Sponsored content

    Re: LARGE Announcement!

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:01 am