Box Seats Baseball

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Box Seats Baseball

OOTP X league for the best and brightest of baseball fans!

+6
paulpharmd
madkat22123
ApexGM
friarfan
ShoelessJoe
BSB Owner
10 posters

Introduce Yourself!

BSB Owner
    BSB Owner
    Admin

Swings : 208

Introduce Yourself! Empty Introduce Yourself!

Post  BSB Owner Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:33 pm

'ello. If you're here, you must be a BSB'er, so what's going on!?

My name is Rich and I run this here league, but I'd really like us all to get together to figure stuff out. Anyway, I'm a college student from Boston, MA. I love it, and I am a History & Law major. Yes, I am a Boston Red Sox fan, but I am a baseball fan moreso. Now that the Red Sox have been eliminated, I am rooting for the Twins. Once they are (lol.) I'll probably root for Adenhart's Angels.

Watching the Broncos drive down the field on the Patriots in overtime right now, ugh. Mad
    ShoelessJoe

Swings : 142

Introduce Yourself! Empty Re: Introduce Yourself!

Post  ShoelessJoe Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:13 am

Name is Jarrod Tichenor. I have been around the OOTP community since early 2005 late 2004 when my brother got me into my first league which was fictional as well.

I am pretty much stuck on playing in fictional universes. My brother and I started up a fictional league earlier this year called Full Count. It has been a blast and we just completed our first season and playoffs.

Anyhow, I am a pretty experienced GM and love to create images such as logos, jerseys, magazine covers, baseball cards, team banners etc.

Looking forward to getting this thing rollin' and competing with you guys.

I am a huge White Sox fan since growing up in Arizona, we didn't have a team. Something about Carlton Fisk and a little later, Frank Thomas. I just stuck with them even after we got the D-Backs.

Post  Guest Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:00 pm

My name is Shane(as might have been obvious), 26 and I live in Toledo, OH. I run a record store here, and basically do that and play music(both as a musician and a DJ) for a living.

Grew up in Detroit, MI and have been a life-long Tigers fan. I have absolutely loved living in Toledo, OH though so I wanted to base my team there.

Outside of going to as many baseball games I can during the summer, I am a pretty avid record collector and ride my bike around Toledo a lot. I also spend time with my cat Ernie(named after Ernie Harwell) and looking forward to spending time with my dog Trammell(sort of a running theme here) when I get him November 1st!
    friarfan
    friarfan

Swings : 10

Introduce Yourself! Empty Me

Post  friarfan Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:35 pm

Name is Brian Anderson and I'm from Las Vegas, NV. I am a diehard San Diego Padres fan as I grew up watching the Alomar brothers, Santiago, and the likes come through Vegas playing AAA with the Las Vegas Stars. I love baseball sabremetrics and the National League style of play but can live with the DH in online leagues.

I'm a general contractor here in Vegas and started up my own construction company after finishing up my MBA from Pepperdine. Horrible timing to start a company here in Vegas but we're keeping our heads above water.Anyhow...looking forward to participating in the league.
    ApexGM

Swings : 78

Introduce Yourself! Empty hey!

Post  ApexGM Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:04 am

Hey Guys

My name is Dan Patriss, I live in Apex NC

I have been playing OOTP for 4-5 years now or so. I have been in a bunch of online leagues but like others, only Fictional seems to be fun to me. I have been in the WBH (world baseball heirarchy) for 10 seasons now and love it. But hey who can do just 1 league? I run my own fictional league based off of Warcraft (warcraftfictionalbaseball), which basically means it just has warcraft names and logos etc (have openings too if anyone is interested). But I do like the enthusiasm of this league and can't wait to get started too!

Anyway I am a pharmacist, and I work nights 7 on 7 off doing mostly cubicle work (hospital clinical stuff off site) so I tend to lurk on the boards a ton especially on my work weeks!

Good luck all let the games begin!
    BSB Owner
    BSB Owner
    Admin

Post  BSB Owner Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:12 am

Great to have you Dan! Really happy to have you and for the great enthusiasm that has come along with our members. I really hope to build a family here, but realize it doesn't ALWAYS happen. Talk to you soon!
    madkat22123
    madkat22123

Swings : 10

Introduce Yourself! Empty Hey guys!

Post  madkat22123 Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:49 pm

I've taken a break from OOTP the past few years, but am a very experienced owner as well! I'm originally from Nashville, but living in Texas right now. I've always been a huge Yankees fan (Go Yankees), and am an avid sports fan in general. I'm very excited about the league and can't wait to get things in order and started up!! Look forward to it guys!!

Jason
    paulpharmd

Swings : 15

Post  paulpharmd Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:30 pm

Hey guys,

My name is Paul Hetrick. I live in Cary, NC. I'm a drug dealer on the happy side of the law. I've been hooked on OOTP for a while. My favorite things are accumulating injuries and bad SPs and seeing how many MRs I can draft in one rookie draft, not really. I enjoy the challenges of running an OOTP team more than just fantasy baseball.

I'm a big baseball fan. Always been a Milwaukee Brewers fan since my grandfather would get me tickets when I was a kid visiting them in Milwaukee. I went to about 12 Durham Bulls AAA games this season, about 6 UNC Tarheel games, went to Atlanta to see my Brewers play the Braves and caught a game at the new Nationals park this past season as well. I even caught a couple of Carolina Mudcats AA games this year. Plan to go back to Atlanta next season for the Brewers series and will most definately get a mini season ticket plan with the Bulls and probably a full season ticket package for UNC baseball.

And, unfortunately I've found myself in a situation where I am following the NY Yankees, but I'm not a fan. I repeat, I am NOT a NY Yankees fan, lol.

I currently find myself in two other great OOTP leagues and look forward to being a part of this league. I will figure out a team name/location as soon as I can and post it for everyone. Looking forward to getting started soon!
    WichitaGM
    WichitaGM

Swings : 34

Post  WichitaGM Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:55 pm

Hey Guys,

My name is Eric... I live in Brooklyn, NY, and my girlfriend is really mad that I'm joining another league. I'm sure you all can relate. My other league (current MLB structure, now in 2011 playoffs) is a bit too low on participation, and I can already tell that this league is going to be a great improvement. Plus, I've always wanted to try a fictional league... the chance to build up something from scratch is great!

As a profession, I'm a trained meteorologist, and currently work on a climate change adaptation project for farmers in rural Africa. Basically, I help rain-fed farmers know if there's going to be rain or not, and help them develop strategies for when there's drought.

I based my team on my home state of Kansas. I'm a die-hard Royals fan (through thick and thin... though I'm pretty used to the thin by now), grew up with the great teams of the early 80s, George Brett, Bo Jackson, and Willie Wilson. In NY, I'm a Mets fan, but just enjoy the game no matter who's playing.

Looking forward to a great, long-term league here!
    ApexGM

Swings : 78

Post  ApexGM Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:44 pm

Eric where in Brooklyn?

I spent 1/2 my time in Bensonhurst growing up. My dad and grandparents lived on West 9th and Kings Highway.

I still have a bunch of family scattered all over brooklyn.
    WichitaGM
    WichitaGM

Swings : 34

Post  WichitaGM Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:19 pm

I live in Park Slope - 8th Ave and 6th St.
    Just getting ready to go for a run in Prospect Park actually!
    scotto313
    scotto313

Swings : 6

Post  scotto313 Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:25 pm

My name is Scott. I live in Cleveland Ohio. I am currently in three online leagues and have been playing OOTP since 2000. Of course, I am a Cleveland Indians fan. OOTP and an overall disdain for professional athletes have caused me to pay less and less attention to real baseball. On the personal side; I am a Firefighter/Paramedic, I have been married for 12 years and we have two boys ages 9 and 8.

Last edited by scotto313 on Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:23 am; edited 1 time in total
    BSB Owner
    BSB Owner
    Admin

Post  BSB Owner Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:52 am

Thanks for your service to the people Scott Version 2.0 (You're the second.). Proud to have you here. Very Happy
    Voodoo
    Voodoo

Swings : 38

Post  Voodoo Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:05 am

Hey guys, my name is Robbie and I live north of New Orleans. I have a wife and 2 teenage boys. More importantly, I own Saints season tickets.

I've been in a few different leagues over the years, but this will be only my second current.
    scottdogg73
    scottdogg73

Swings : 41

Post  scottdogg73 Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:01 am

scotto313 wrote:My name is Scott. I live in Cleveland Ohio. I am currently in three online leagues and have been playing OOTP since 2000. Of course, I am a Cleveland Indians fan. OOTP and an overall disdain for professional athletes have caused me to pay less and less attention to real baseball. On the personal side; I am a Firefighter/Paramedic, I have been married for 12 years and we have two boys ages 9 and 8.

Welcome, Scott. From the other Scott.
    Great looking logo, who made that?
    scotto313
    scotto313

Swings : 6

Post  scotto313 Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:21 am

scottdogg73 wrote:
    scotto313 wrote:My name is Scott. I live in Cleveland Ohio. I am currently in three online leagues and have been playing OOTP since 2000. Of course, I am a Cleveland Indians fan. OOTP and an overall disdain for professional athletes have caused me to pay less and less attention to real baseball. On the personal side; I am a Firefighter/Paramedic, I have been married for 12 years and we have two boys ages 9 and 8.

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/board/ootp-10-mods/189780-fictional-logo-request.html
    scottdogg73
    scottdogg73

Swings : 41

Post  scottdogg73 Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:34 am

scotto313 wrote:
    scottdogg73 wrote:

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/board/ootp-10-mods/189780-fictional-logo-request.html

Ah. That's one of his best I think.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 2:21 pm