Box Seats Baseball

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Box Seats Baseball

OOTP X league for the best and brightest of baseball fans!

+2
ShoelessJoe
BSB Owner
6 posters

Rumors of Chicago team reach full steam.

BSB Owner
    BSB Owner
    Admin

Swings : 208

Rumors of Chicago team reach full steam. Empty Rumors of Chicago team reach full steam.

Post  BSB Owner Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:51 pm

Rumors have been swirling around Chicago for the past several weeks that a bid had been put in for a new baseball franchise with Box Seats Baseball. Today, rumors reached full steam as websites have been registered for Southside Stadium with links to Box Seats Baseball's official website. Shortly after the website was found and the rumor was spread, the website was removed from the public eye. Also fueling the fire was the added presence of BSB officials at a local restaurant downtown.

We'll get more to you as we get the information, but we believe there is truth to these rumors.
    ShoelessJoe

Swings : 142

Rumors of Chicago team reach full steam. Empty Re: Rumors of Chicago team reach full steam.

Post  ShoelessJoe Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:24 pm

Rumors of a Chicago Box Seats Baseball franchise are once again swirling as a possible logo for the team was leaked early this morning. As mentioned in an earlier report, BSB officials were in town and had been seen meeting with local baseball enthusiast Shoeless Joe. What exactly the meeting was about, no one knows for sure, but speculation of a new professional baseball franchise has been a hot topic since a website was leaked and later taken down.

Here is an image that was taken from the website that had been taken down. It is believed to be a preliminary logo for the would be BSB team.

Sad

More details on this subject as they are available. Right now the city is holding it's breath in hopes that the rumors are true.

Last edited by ShoelessJoe on Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
    ShoelessJoe

Rumors of Chicago team reach full steam. Empty Re: Rumors of Chicago team reach full steam.

Post  ShoelessJoe Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:01 pm

Possible content for a new professional baseball franchise continues to surface. It now seems that a BSB team located in Chicago is a go. The city has been given the green light on the project and it seems that there is a local contest being held to name the franchise.

The logo that was leaked yesterday morning has been said to be one of a handful of possible options that the team may decide to run with. An official mascot has not yet been determined as far as we know.

Reports this morning are that the franchise is leaning towards calling themselves the Sabermetrics. Unfortunately, a mock up for a potential logo has not yet been unveiled.

Other possible names for the franchise are rumored to be the Bombers, Mob, Mafia and the previously mentioned Black Sox.

More details on this exciting news as they become available.
    ShoelessJoe

Post  ShoelessJoe Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:54 pm

Information regarding the new Chicago BSB franchise continues to pour out faster than we can report it. Here is a look at two potential logos that have been submitted to represent the possible use of the Sabermetrics team mascot.

Rumors of Chicago team reach full steam. Chicago_Sabermetrics1
    Rumors of Chicago team reach full steam. Chicago_Sabermetrics

Last edited by ShoelessJoe on Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:21 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Fix the logo links)
    scottdogg73
    scottdogg73

Swings : 41

Post  scottdogg73 Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:42 pm

I have a few unsolicited suggestions for nicknames: Lincolns, Wind Sox (there are a bunch of other possible wind-related names too like Gales, Gusts, or Breeze), Butchers, Fireballers, Fire Dogs, Southsiders.
    Chicago has so many nicknames. scratch
    How about the Chicago Seconds, for the Second City? Or even the Chicago Shoulders, as in the City With The Broad Shoulders?
    ShoelessJoe

Post  ShoelessJoe Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:31 am

scottdogg73 wrote:I have a few unsolicited suggestions for nicknames: Lincolns, Wind Sox (there are a bunch of other possible wind-related names too like Gales, Gusts, or Breeze), Butchers, Fireballers, Fire Dogs, Southsiders.
    Chicago has so many nicknames. scratch
    How about the Chicago Seconds, for the Second City? Or even the Chicago Shoulders, as in the City With The Broad Shoulders?

Appreciate all the input!

I would be called the Southsiders in a heart beat except that my team in the fictional league I run is called the Southpaws. I figured it entailed both the southside of the city AND my love for lefty pitchers. haha

I was doing some research on Chicago when thinking of nicknames and found out that Chicago is actually an indian word meaning "wild onion".

Completely ironic since I despise onions in every way possible, but love the White Sox.

Go figure!
    BSB Owner
    BSB Owner
    Admin

Swings : 208

Post  BSB Owner Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:32 am

I strongly dislike onions. Evil or Very Mad

But I've been to Chicago once and liked it. So, it evens out. Laughing
    scottdogg73
    scottdogg73

Post  scottdogg73 Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:09 am

BSB Owner wrote:I strongly dislike onions. Evil or Very Mad

But I've been to Chicago once and liked it. So, it evens out. Laughing

Never been there but have always wanted to go, hopefully I'll get there soon. Wife and I were talking recently about driving there just to go to a concert. Then we remembered we have 3 kids and can't do stuff like that anymore.
    ShoelessJoe

Post  ShoelessJoe Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:14 pm

Chicago Sabermetrics officials unveiled a first look at a possible uniform, early this morning. Here is a glimpse of what the team might look like when it takes the field for their inaugural season.

It is not yet known if this is the official uniform for the franchise. We will keep you posted as we learn more about the situation.

Sad

ShoelessJoe

Post  ShoelessJoe Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:24 pm

I can't decide on a logo. scratch

I get bored and start whipping up something new. lol!

Here are a few more preliminary logos for the Chicago Sabermetrics franchise.

Rumors of Chicago team reach full steam. Chicago_Sabermetrics-1
    Rumors of Chicago team reach full steam. Chicago_Sabermetrics_2
    Rumors of Chicago team reach full steam. Chicago_Sabermetrics_3
    Rumors of Chicago team reach full steam. Chicago_Sabermetrics_4

EDIT - hmmm they definitely look better on a non-white background...
    scottdogg73
    scottdogg73

Post  scottdogg73 Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:12 pm

You picked the right one I think. I like that baseball design as the backdrop for the logo. Do you have a template or, I guess, just the image you used for that?
    The C with the crossed sabres would look good on the hat too.
    ShoelessJoe

Post  ShoelessJoe Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:38 am

scottdogg73 wrote:You picked the right one I think. I like that baseball design as the backdrop for the logo. Do you have a template or, I guess, just the image you used for that?
    The C with the crossed sabres would look good on the hat too.

Thanks! These ones came out a bit rough after uploading them to my housing site. Dunno why they came out the way they did but definitely look better not sitting on a white background.

I have a few general templates and a TON of images that i piece together to get a finalized-ish look.

Currently I have all of my logo and jersey ideas saved in layers so I can go in and add, remove or change anything. So yeah, I could remove the baseball backdrop and use the sabres and C for my team cap. That is a good idea.
    ShoelessJoe

Post  ShoelessJoe Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:37 am

Just continuing to brainstorm and compile a nice list of options to compare. Ignore the logo on the cap. I didn't take the time to put in the real image. Just trying to get an idea of what the jersey would look like in game.
    Sad

Afino
    Afino

Swings : 91

Post  Afino Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:40 am

You certainly have a talent for this!

Might need to help the rest of us out Wink
    ShoelessJoe

Post  ShoelessJoe Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:38 pm

Afino wrote:You certainly have a talent for this!

Might need to help the rest of us out Wink

haha thank you.

I don't mind helping out. I created a logo and jersey for madkat (Jason) and his Nashiville Bulldogs yesterday.

If you guys want help on jerseys and whatnot, just PM me the details.

Color scheme
    Jersey Style - plain, pinstripes etc

I'll whip something up for you.

I'll be in and out of the house this afternoon but can definitely get something done.
    ShoelessJoe

Post  ShoelessJoe Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:03 pm

Triple A affiliate - Tucson Underdogs

Sad

This will represent my Triple A affiliate. I will get the others up today as well, hopefully.

Last edited by ShoelessJoe on Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:50 pm; edited 3 times in total
    ShoelessJoe

Post  ShoelessJoe Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:49 pm

Double A affiliate - Colorado Springs Coyotes

Sad

Last edited by ShoelessJoe on Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
    ShoelessJoe

Post  ShoelessJoe Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:22 pm

Single A affiliate - Superior Roadrunners (Superior is a small city in AZ)

Sad

One affiliate to go!

scottdogg73
    scottdogg73

Post  scottdogg73 Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:25 pm

New logo looks great, Joe!
    ShoelessJoe

Post  ShoelessJoe Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:28 pm

scottdogg73 wrote:New logo looks great, Joe!

Thanks!

I finally settled on one for my big league team. Planning to get my final minor league affiliate setup and then whip up a jersey to match the new big league team logo.

Gotta figure out what type of stadium I'd like to play in as well in terms of dimensions.

Think that will finalize my franchise, at least for the time being! haha
    ShoelessJoe

Post  ShoelessJoe Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:54 pm

Rookie League affiliate - Mesa Jackrabbits (named after my old High School)

Sad

That settles my minor league teams. Now onto my big league jersey and stadium dimensions!

Voodoo
    Voodoo

Swings : 38

Post  Voodoo Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:19 pm

The new logo looks professional. Good job.
    ShoelessJoe

Rumors of Chicago team reach full steam. Empty Southside Stadium

Post  ShoelessJoe Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:00 pm

Southside Stadium - Chicago, IL

Modeled after Petco Park in hopes that we can imitate the San Diego home-field pitching. Hopefully my batters don't suffer too much. haha

Left field Line – 334 feet (102 m)
    Left field – 367 feet (112 m)
    Left field alley – 402 feet (123 m)
    Center field – 396 feet (121 m)
    Right field alley – 402 feet (123 m)
    Right field – 382 feet (116 m)
    Right field line – 322 feet (98 m)

Rumors of Chicago team reach full steam. Southside_Stadium
    ShoelessJoe

Post  ShoelessJoe Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:58 pm

ShoelessJoe wrote:Just continuing to brainstorm and compile a nice list of options to compare. Ignore the logo on the cap. I didn't take the time to put in the real image. Just trying to get an idea of what the jersey would look like in game.

Rumors of Chicago team reach full steam. Player_741
    Rumors of Chicago team reach full steam. Jerseys_chicago_sabermetrics2

Rich, go ahead and use this jersey for my big league team. I'll get you the color codes for in game shortly.

Figure since you're building the file now, I better settle on a jersey.
    Seabass

Swings : 28

Post  Seabass Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:37 pm

Voodoo wrote:The new logo looks professional. Good job.

Agreed. Wanted to ask, you make these in Photoshop?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content