Box Seats Baseball

OOTP X league for the best and brightest of baseball fans!


    Rule V Draft?

    Share

    Poll

    On or off?

    [ 9 ]
    75% [75%] 
    [ 3 ]
    25% [25%] 

    Total Votes: 12
    avatar
    BSB Owner
    Admin

    Posts : 129
    Swings : 208
    Join date : 2009-10-11

    Rule V Draft?

    Post  BSB Owner on Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:58 pm

    Question
    avatar
    Afino

    Posts : 84
    Swings : 91
    Join date : 2009-10-11
    Age : 33
    Location : Rochester NY

    Re: Rule V Draft?

    Post  Afino on Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:59 pm

    To me, unless there is a way to do it in-game, it's more hassle than what it's worth.

    paulpharmd

    Posts : 14
    Swings : 15
    Join date : 2009-10-14

    Re: Rule V Draft?

    Post  paulpharmd on Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:09 am

    I've personally never liked the Rule 5 and It wouldn't bother me to never see it in this league.

    ShoelessJoe

    Posts : 114
    Swings : 142
    Join date : 2009-10-11
    Age : 37
    Location : Arizona

    Re: Rule V Draft?

    Post  ShoelessJoe on Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:19 am

    Afino wrote:To me, unless there is a way to do it in-game, it's more hassle than what it's worth.

    You can run it in game. GMs export a list and run the draft. I ran my league's tonight, ironically.

    Definitely on.
    avatar
    Afino

    Posts : 84
    Swings : 91
    Join date : 2009-10-11
    Age : 33
    Location : Rochester NY

    Re: Rule V Draft?

    Post  Afino on Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:26 am

    ShoelessJoe wrote:
    Afino wrote:To me, unless there is a way to do it in-game, it's more hassle than what it's worth.

    You can run it in game. GMs export a list and run the draft. I ran my league's tonight, ironically.

    Definitely on.

    Yeah, my other league just did its Rule 5 the last couple of days too.


    You read that right. It takes two days for the Rule 5 draft because we submit lists and the draft is done on the forums. Nightmare.

    ShoelessJoe

    Posts : 114
    Swings : 142
    Join date : 2009-10-11
    Age : 37
    Location : Arizona

    Re: Rule V Draft?

    Post  ShoelessJoe on Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:23 pm

    Afino wrote:
    ShoelessJoe wrote:
    Afino wrote:To me, unless there is a way to do it in-game, it's more hassle than what it's worth.

    You can run it in game. GMs export a list and run the draft. I ran my league's tonight, ironically.

    Definitely on.

    Yeah, my other league just did its Rule 5 the last couple of days too.


    You read that right. It takes two days for the Rule 5 draft because we submit lists and the draft is done on the forums. Nightmare.

    Sure if you are doing the draft on the forums it might be more trouble than it is worth.

    Why didn't they just do it in game with the exported lists?

    That is what I did. It took all of 10 minutes after getting everyones exports.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Rule V Draft?

    Post  Guest on Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:47 pm

    I am not going to vote on this because I could go either way on these.

    Seabass

    Posts : 20
    Swings : 28
    Join date : 2009-10-14

    Re: Rule V Draft?

    Post  Seabass on Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:10 pm

    I like the rule 5, just because you can't stash players in the low minors if you got to protect some people.

    ShoelessJoe

    Posts : 114
    Swings : 142
    Join date : 2009-10-11
    Age : 37
    Location : Arizona

    Re: Rule V Draft?

    Post  ShoelessJoe on Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:54 pm

    Seabass wrote:I like the rule 5, just because you can't stash players in the low minors if you got to protect some people.

    Exactly.

    If you value a player enough to not want to lose him then you should have to find a spot on your 40 man roster so he isn't exposed to a team that would actually be using the player and giving him big league playing time.
    avatar
    PhillyFreedom

    Posts : 16
    Swings : 16
    Join date : 2009-10-14

    Re: Rule V Draft?

    Post  PhillyFreedom on Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:26 pm

    As others have said I say YES to Rule 5. It helps spread the talent around also and limits teams from just hoarding talent
    avatar
    Afino

    Posts : 84
    Swings : 91
    Join date : 2009-10-11
    Age : 33
    Location : Rochester NY

    Re: Rule V Draft?

    Post  Afino on Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:27 pm

    As long as it's proven to work in-game, it's fine with me.

    ApexGM

    Posts : 72
    Swings : 78
    Join date : 2009-10-12

    Re: Rule V Draft?

    Post  ApexGM on Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:32 pm

    I am in favor of Rule V as long as it is working in game and able ot be policed.

    In the past the engine sucked. Guys show up on the drfat who are not eligible. And the game also allows guys to be sent down (I think thta has been fixed tho).

    If we allow this someone should be in charge of making sure the true Rule V rules are followed and that all guys showing up on the list are truely eligble

    I am for the premise behine Rule V (no team can horde tallent in minors) I am just against the way the game plays it out.
    avatar
    Afino

    Posts : 84
    Swings : 91
    Join date : 2009-10-11
    Age : 33
    Location : Rochester NY

    Re: Rule V Draft?

    Post  Afino on Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:33 pm

    ApexGM wrote:I am in favor of Rule V as long as it is working in game and able ot be policed.

    In the past the engine sucked. Guys show up on the drfat who are not eligible. And the game also allows guys to be sent down (I think thta has been fixed tho).

    If we allow this someone should be in charge of making sure the true Rule V rules are followed and that all guys showing up on the list are truely eligble

    I am for the premise behine Rule V (no team can horde tallent in minors) I am just against the way the game plays it out.

    Pretty much exactly how I feel.
    avatar
    BSB Owner
    Admin

    Posts : 129
    Swings : 208
    Join date : 2009-10-11

    Re: Rule V Draft?

    Post  BSB Owner on Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:39 pm

    If it increases your fun, I'll go through each guy individually every year and make sure they should be where they are.

    ShoelessJoe

    Posts : 114
    Swings : 142
    Join date : 2009-10-11
    Age : 37
    Location : Arizona

    Re: Rule V Draft?

    Post  ShoelessJoe on Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:39 am

    Afino wrote:As long as it's proven to work in-game, it's fine with me.

    It works.

    I ran my league's rule 5 last night as mentioned in an earlier thread.

    GMs simply set their protection lists (40 man roster) and when we are at Decemeber 1st, rule 5 day, everyone exports an in game draft list. The commish imports all teams and runs the draft.

    It takes about 10 minutes, MAX.

    It is well worth it so teams can't hide useful players in the minors without using service time.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Rule V Draft?

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:30 pm